Monday 14 April 2014

Where I'm at.

Hi
For the last 6 years or so, I've been writing short stories. Most of them, as it turns out, have been erotic and so I have come to realise a simple truth: it is sex that drives me to write.

Each story is like an affair. I know with a fair degree of certainty that a physical coupling is going to occur at some point in the proceedings. I know too, that lives will be irrevocably changed by such couplings. In my fictions, I am in sole control, whereas in real life one is never fully in control, no matter how we fool ourselves that we are. However, the characters often seem to have a mind of their own and take the story to places I would never dare go in reality. It's bloody marvellous! A wonderful release.

I've published five short story compilations, an erotic novella, and a self-illustrated book of naughty poetry, though these have only been interruptions to my main task: writing a sexy sci-fi novel: Inversion 1 (working title). It's about 110,000 words at the moment, has a beginning, a middle of sorts, and an end, though is only about two-thirds complete.  I will get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment