Thursday 17 April 2014

Lawn care and Inversion 1 excerpt 4

#erotica #sci-fi #SPShow

Hi
Do I weed and feed the lawn now? Will it burn it? Is it going to rain? Gardeners are a wonderful, hardy and knowledgable breed; by comparison, writing is a piece of cake.

Anyway. Here's excerpt #4 from my forthcoming sexy sci-fi blockbuster, 'Inversion 1'. Alex5, captain of the last ship to leave Earth before it's impending war-ravaged demise, is woken from stasis by the strangest of dreams and knows his faulty pod offers him little time before he suffocates.

Inversion 1
Beginnings
Excerpt #4

The stasis pods across from me glowed in the sickly light. Green LED's blinked, at least suggesting the pods were operational. My brain was still numb. Who were those people? Memories began to whirr. Now I remembered. Steven13, Greg... Mark21. Fine officers. I strained my eyes. Vision suddenly cleared as though a shroud had been removed. Horror injected adrenaline into my heart and a hoarse gasp consumed precious litres of air.

Bloated heads. Contorted features. Blue, swollen lips. Bulging, bursting eyeballs. Fuck. Fault was an understatement. This was a disaster. Death surrounded me. And soon I would join them. I struggled. A mad internal struggle that had no outward manifestation. I tried again, strained every sinew. My cheek twitched. My lips moved. Again I tried and failed. Breathing was becoming laboured and increasingly fruitless. Lungs burned. Stars burst inside my spinning head and faded into blackness. I was drowning in lifeless air, had but seconds to act. The training kicked in.

Don't panic. Panicking wastes resources.

Toes flexed. Fingers juddered. Stretched. Reached.

Fuck, where is it? Calm down! Remember the training. Where? There! Reach! Almost...

I split into two. Half of me accepting: half fighting.

I didn't think it would end like this...
Emergency override!
Alex5: survived the war; the chaos, fear and hatred... and died in quiet solitude.
Find the damned button.
It is time. All that work, all those plans, to die like this.
I won't die like this!
This is it. Don't struggle. Relax.
The sequence!
So peaceful.
Press the sequence. What is it?
Forget it! It's too late. Sleep.
What is the fucking sequence?
Sleep... So, so nice...
Fuck off! Think. Think! Yes!

. -- -- .-
Emma.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment