Thursday 17 April 2014

Self-publisher's showcase #SPShow

Hi
Paul over at Self-Publisher's Showcase - a wonderful online place where authors (self-publishing ones, at least) can receive publicity by way of a custom-made page - has invited me to take part in an interview for a forthcoming feature. His questions are very in-depth, very apposite and knowledgeable, and it will take me a few days to add my responses. I'm looking forward to seeing the results on their very professional and rather beautifully presented website:

Alexandra Amalova's Self-Publisher's Showcase page

Besides all the writing, editing, checking sales progress, publicising, tweeting, and general online 'house-keeping', I also have a winter's-worth of  moss to remove from my rather expansive lawn (and that's no metaphor - the winter has been very wet and mild and my poor grass is completely choked). It's good to get your hands dirty in the real world, very grounding, and helps clear my head. The garden is fertile ground in a variety of ways: many a good storyline has sprouted from mind-numbing manual labour. Which just goes to show.

Right. Back to those questions. How did I first start writing? Now that's a story in its own right. It all began one stormy, rain-soaked night in November 2006 when I found out my...

No comments:

Post a Comment